What We Do

The staff of the Office of Research Services (ORS) are dedicated to providing top-quality administrative support to UBC’s research community. Enabling excellence in research is our goal.

ORS staff will assist you in obtaining institutional signatures for a grant application, setting up research accounts, transferring research funds to collaborators at other institutions, registering clinical trials and more. 

Contact ORS if you need assistance with any of the following tasks:

  • Finding funding or developing research grants;
  • Obtaining an institutional signature for a grant application;
  • Obtaining a compliance certificate for research involving human subjects, animals or biohazardous materials;
  • Setting up a research account and spending limits;
  • Transferring research funds to my collaborators at another institution;
  • Registering a clinical trial;
  • Finding information about research funding at UBC and its affiliated institutions.

ORS deals primarily with grant-funded research projects. The following UBC departments can assist with other research-related questions:

  • SPARC: Internal review, strategic proposal development, research-related workshops and information sessions
  • ORS – Okanagan: Research support for faculty members located at UBC’s Okanagan campus
  • University-Industry Liaison Office: Contracted research involving industry or government partners, knowledge mobilization, material transfer agreements
  • UBC Finance: Financial advice concerning invoices, financial reports and charges to accounts
  • UBC Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies: Information on postdoctoral positions and graduate student funding opportunities.
  • UBC Human Resources: Information about research jobs at UBC.
  • UBC Public Affairs: Information about UBC research in the media, or help finding a UBC Expert.
  • For information about specific research studies or disciplines, please contact the individual researcher(s) via the Faculty or Department websites