Be sure to read Guidance Notes for each form, if available.
Do not store copies of these forms on your own hard drive for future use. Always come back to this download page for forms as needed, to ensure that you are using the current version. Visit the Internal Funding page for forms related to UBC internal grants.
- Research Project Information Form (Apr 2015) – Required for all new research accounts
- Request for Issue of a Subgrant (2019) – To Request a transfer of funds to an external collaborator.
- Request for Funding Release Prior to Animal Ethics Review (April 2017)
- Request for Funding Release Prior to Biosafety Ethics Review (April 2017)
- Request for Funding Release Prior to Human Ethics Review (April 2017)
- Grant-in-Aid Letter (Jan 2016) – Fillable template to provide to sponsors
Types of Electronic Forms
Many UBC forms are available in Microsoft Word format as template (.dot) files. These can be filled out on your computer then printed, circulated for signatures, and sent to the appropriate office.
These templates may not work for Word 95 and earlier versions of Word for Windows and earlier versions of Word for Mac. If the templates do not work for your computer, download the PDF version of the form instead.
Before beginning, print a hard copy of the guidance file (if available) for reference.
- Open the template (*.dot) file and enter data into the shaded fields, using TAB to move to the next field and SHIFT-TAB to go back to the previous field.
- Text may be pasted from other applications, but the amount of text that can be entered into each box is limited.
- Assign a name to the completed form and save it as a Word Document (*.doc file). Do not overwrite the .dot file with your completed form! If you do overwrite the template, you can download a new copy from this page.
Some forms are only available in PDF format. At present, our PDF forms cannot be filled in on your computer; you will need to print out the form and fill it in manually (e.g., with typewriter).
Need help with a form?
Research Services IT Help Desk, 604-822-9100
Wendy Hudelson 604-822-8581 or Donna Lei 604-822-8595
Behavioural Human Ethics forms and guidelines:
Nadia Rad, 604-827-5114
Clinical Human Ethics forms and guidelines:
Pia Ganz, 604-875-4149 or Elmira Chan, 604-875-4111 ext. 68918
Animal Care or Biosafety forms and guidelines:
Suzanne Richardson, 604-827-5111 or Fred Woo, 604-827-5115